St. Johns River Cleanup Celebration

theboonieman

If you're interested in doing a good deed and would like to show the St. Johns Water Management District how much we appreciate them allowing us to cache on their land, I would recommend that we participate as a group or as individuals in the next river cleanup celebration which is on Saturday, March 15th. It's a lot fun and you meet lots of great folks.

All you have to do is show up at one of the cleanup staging areas between 8:00 and 11:00. They will give you all the garbage bags you need, including gloves and a reflective vest. At some sites they'll offer boat rides to get to the areas that need cleaning. After the cleanup, they give out free t-shirts and everybody is invited to a cookout.

Each county is responsible for hosting this event. So to get more information, such as where the staging areas are locate, you'll need to get in touch with the county's cleanup organization.

I'm only familiar with Brevard County's staging areas. They are listed on the Keep Brevard Beautiful website at http://www.keepbrevardbeautiful.com/LitterControl/st_johns_river_2002.htm. They still haven't updated it for 2003, but I don't think the sites will change. They've been the same for the past 3 years.

I'll try to get more information and post it here. I think the St. Johns River WMD has a toll free number that you can call to get more information.

Hope everyone can make it to the celebration!

The Boonie Man