Images & Variables

Ah!

Using Earwigo.

Can someone tell me how to show an image to the player determined by the value of a variable?

Also,  is there any problem with images on the Earwigo builder at the moment?   I can only use existing media images,  new ones appear in the list but do not display in the emulator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the second question it is possible the images are too large or too high resolution. Wherigo is pretty finicky when it comes to what will display. I would try lowering the resolution of the photos and also make sure pixels are no larger than 230 for either width or height. If you have photo shop or another image editing program try saving the images at a much lower resolution. You may have to experiment around with what will display. I use photoshop and use "save for web" at "very high optimized." 

Thanks for your reply.

I can only use existing images that are already in the cartridge media list.  If I assign existing media to zones, items etc. it works fine but if I try to introduce new media, even if it's  the same images that have already been used, they will appear in the list and will preview but will not appear in the emulator.   Examples given.

I have no idea where the problem lies.

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.63b4e1b7c775f80c9614baf25f45ad1f.jpgClipboard02.jpg.1c51b7d5ff3b5e49d60be94ffa7b8c36.jpg

In the first image you shared there is no media assigned under "resources." In earwigo I believe an image will still appear in a media file even if the resource has been deleted. Is the image still assigned under resources?

You might also try creating a new cartridge and see if the media appears when you assign it to an item.

If these doesn't fix the problem I would recommend you go through the image and make sure it fits all of this criteria:

MEDIA SIZES:

(height 230 pixels)

[Width is always 230 pixels]

SAVING DETAILS:

Save for Web

High, Optimized JPG

70 quality

I have tried all you suggested and there is no change.   Yes, you are correct, the file name is missing even though the file previews OK.   I'm waiting on a reply from other enquiries  I've made about the Earwigo program since I've had problems before.   Thanks again for your help.