Sign in to follow this  
Followers 27
Geocaching HQ

Release Notes (Website: Progressive release, Lists) - September 23, 2019

On 11/8/2019 at 11:12 PM, Oceansazul said:

I have edited the release notes to reduce confusion. The List Hub (https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists) now persists sort order. The columns Favorites, Difficulty, Placed are on List Details pages (https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM....) and have not been updated to persist sort order at this time. 

Are there any plans to extend this to the app?

I would love for lists in the app to also be persistent in their sort order

or have something similar as within the list where you can choose: sort by distance, name

On 12/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, Oceansazul said:

Based on your feedback, we have now released a highly requested new feature for the Lists:

• On List Detail pages, you can now ‘Filter & Select’ geocaches on the List based on the geocache status of Found, Archived, or Disabled

I've really like this feature. It makes it so much easier to cleanup my solved puzzle lists after I've done a bunch or if they're archived 👍

I like the idea here. I really would like to see my Unfound caches in a list. So if I'm keeping a list of caches on GeoTour, I can just pull up the ones not found. Also, exporting the filtered caches to a Pocket Query would be fantastic. Not sure if it does now, I have not tried to export Found caches.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, Oceansazul said:

On List Detail pages, you can now ‘Filter & Select’ geocaches on the List based on the geocache status of Found, Archived, or Disabled

Pretty cool. Thanks.

In The List hub (i.e.: the list of lists)

It would be nice to have a column (like the found column) indicating how much archived caches are hold in each list.

This would make selecting a list for editing (deleting caches) much easier when you own a lot of lists and don't want to open each one just to be informed that the filter does not apply.

Hans

I don't know if it has already been named. If you click "Choose Language" in the footer of the "My Lists" page to change the language, a pop-up will open a few miles below. It is funny, but maybe that can be improved. Thank you very much.

2048690091_bmlchooselanguage.thumb.jpg.f001c03a3c4a3f552f4c04546f2ff079.jpg

13 hours ago, 2Abendsegler said:

I don't know if it has already been named. If you click "Choose Language" in the footer of the "My Lists" page to change the language, a pop-up will open a few miles below.

We will take a look at this bug.

On 11/23/2019 at 5:30 AM, thebruce0 said:

It should, if there were a version to view that was like that. How the switch is implemented though is up to the developers - the bigger issue right now is having a desktop version as an option.  (and typically if there is both a mobile and a desktop version, there is a link to force one view or the other, or return to auto-sensing; and sensing the browser is finnicky - it's better to either provide two versions optimized for mobile and desktop, or make the page highly dynamic so it adjusts for whatever browser size is being used)

It's no small task.

That's a different story and I would absolutely second a request for 2 (completely) different versions of the website, but I fear that this is no option as it might take too much time and number of web designers at Groundspeak might be too limited that for. I do understand they go for the highest number of potential users which might be mobile users nowadays. Still just don't like this too much as I'm mainly using the website at home having 2 large screens ;-)

On 11/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, tumbleweed42 said:

So sorry that I simply offered you an immediate solution to your problem......
You can choose to do it or not, I was merely letting you know it exists. Personally, I feel like the extra money is totally worth it, especially since project-gc actually listens to its users regarding updates and new features, unlike geocaching.com which unlikely to ever listen to what you want. 

Sorry, if my post sounded too harsh, I just don't see an external site as a real solution here. I'd more like to see potential issues solved where they appear ;-) And I also don't want to waste my money to fix just some smaller glitches.

Besides that, thanks for your suggestion!