New Dashboard Not Updating Right?

ODragon

It's not just the log type that persists in the dashboard view even after being corrected in the underlying log.  I noticed the same type of discrepancy between the dashboard and my actual log after I corrected the text of my log.  I logged 39 finds Sunday evening, including one where I made an error in the log content which I corrected the same day.  It is now Tuesday morning and the dashboard view of my recent logs still shows the old log text with the error in it.  Confusing!

• Helpful 1
On 9/17/2019 at 6:37 AM, The Leprechauns said:

It's not just the log type that persists in the dashboard view even after being corrected in the underlying log.  I noticed the same type of discrepancy between the dashboard and my actual log after I corrected the text of my log.  I logged 39 finds Sunday evening, including one where I made an error in the log content which I corrected the same day.  It is now Tuesday morning and the dashboard view of my recent logs still shows the old log text with the error in it.  Confusing!

I thought there was a more recent thread on this behavior, but I couldn't find it.  Anyway, I had noticed this happening too - logs edited (corrected spelling, added information, etc) did not show the edited version on the new Dashboard.  Today I did some log updates "in the field" on my phone (an Owner Maintenance and Enabling of a cache) to get it done NOW rather than waiting till I got home to update things.  But I made a spelling error - a major reason why I don't like to do logs live in the field but prefer to use Drafts and complete the log process from my laptop at home!  I corrected it and the Dashboard view of my activity had the updated version!  I'm not sure when this got corrected, but it's welcome!

I followed my "usual" sequence for correcting the error - log from the field, error discovered, corrected on the computer at home later (as I can't edit logs via the app - I realize I can by using the browser but on my phone it's too tiny and I'm just as prone to making a mistake in trying to correct the log - better to wait till I am on my laptop to attempt to change the log!)