Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
ODragon

New Dashboard Not Updating Right?

Recommended Posts

I accidentally marked a cache found.  I changed it to a DNF but my latest activity still shows it as a find.  (FWIW, the recently viewed section is correct).

 

ND1.jpg.42d017c3e29cc3cbb27d1f215357363c.jpgND2.thumb.jpg.45d493b75d75e0f997e15f0eebc524f6.jpg

 

 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's not just the log type that persists in the dashboard view even after being corrected in the underlying log.  I noticed the same type of discrepancy between the dashboard and my actual log after I corrected the text of my log.  I logged 39 finds Sunday evening, including one where I made an error in the log content which I corrected the same day.  It is now Tuesday morning and the dashboard view of my recent logs still shows the old log text with the error in it.  Confusing!

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have made the same experience, corrected the log, but in the new Dashboard it still Shows it as find, whereas it should be a DNF. The old Dashboard is correct. The new Dashboard should also update former logs like the old Dashboard does.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/17/2019 at 6:37 AM, The Leprechauns said:

It's not just the log type that persists in the dashboard view even after being corrected in the underlying log.  I noticed the same type of discrepancy between the dashboard and my actual log after I corrected the text of my log.  I logged 39 finds Sunday evening, including one where I made an error in the log content which I corrected the same day.  It is now Tuesday morning and the dashboard view of my recent logs still shows the old log text with the error in it.  Confusing!

 

I thought there was a more recent thread on this behavior, but I couldn't find it.  Anyway, I had noticed this happening too - logs edited (corrected spelling, added information, etc) did not show the edited version on the new Dashboard.  Today I did some log updates "in the field" on my phone (an Owner Maintenance and Enabling of a cache) to get it done NOW rather than waiting till I got home to update things.  But I made a spelling error - a major reason why I don't like to do logs live in the field but prefer to use Drafts and complete the log process from my laptop at home!  I corrected it and the Dashboard view of my activity had the updated version!  I'm not sure when this got corrected, but it's welcome!

 

I followed my "usual" sequence for correcting the error - log from the field, error discovered, corrected on the computer at home later (as I can't edit logs via the app - I realize I can by using the browser but on my phone it's too tiny and I'm just as prone to making a mistake in trying to correct the log - better to wait till I am on my laptop to attempt to change the log!)

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×
×
  • Create New...