Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Quintsys

Download a Pocket Query

Recommended Posts

Hi Cachers,

 

I have made two pocket queries, and yes, I am a premium member. A couple of weeks ago, it was no problem for me to download the forthcoming gpx-file to my Mac, but I can't find the button (or so) anymore.

Anyone an idea what I am doing wrong?

 

Best,

Carlo

Share this post


Link to post

What button?

PQ's are to be downloaded from the PQ page (by clicking on the PQ name) after you get an email saying they are ready. Afterwards you unzip the file and put the two GPX files on your GPS.

 

Share this post


Link to post

thanks on4bam, and now I remember... I was a bit thinking too fast.... it goes by email.

 

Thanks for pointing that out.

 

Case closed.

 

best,

Carlo

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Quintsys said:

thanks on4bam, and now I remember... I was a bit thinking too fast.... it goes by email.

 

You still have to download the PQ from the PQ page. PQ are not send by email for a long time now. But the email says that they ran and are ready. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, on4bam said:

You still have to download the PQ from the PQ page. PQ are not send by email for a long time now. But the email says that they ran and are ready. ;)

I'm still getting PQ emails that I unzip and load into GSAK.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, colleda said:

I'm still getting PQ emails that I unzip and load into GSAK.

Do you have the number of caches set to 500 or less?

 

BTW, why do you do it like that, you can load them through the API a lot easier.

 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, on4bam said:

Do you have the number of caches set to 500 or less?

 

BTW, why do you do it like that, you can load them through the API a lot easier.

 

Yes, it is easier through API and I am doing that more these days as I become more familiar with it. I have the PQs set to 1000 which is why I get the email I guess. I  had actually forgotten about the 500 cut off. With the unzipped PQs I like to browse the Availables to Non-availables. I may be able to do that with GSAK but have not explored its workings to that extent.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, colleda said:

I like to browse the Availables to Non-availables. I may be able to do that with GSAK but have not explored its workings to that extent.

When using the API you see a summary of changes when the PQs have been imported, Number of caches imported, number changed, new, changed from unavailable to available and so on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, on4bam said:

When using the API you see a summary of changes when the PQs have been imported, Number of caches imported, number changed, new, changed from unavailable to available and so on.

 

Thanks I should take more notice of what's happening.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×
×
  • Create New...