N. Dallas burbs.......etc

inceptor

There have been recent inquiries pertaining to a breakfast for the northern burbs. A chance for everyone to meet. Ron&Jen mentioned doing something in Denton at the Cracker Barrel. Whatever we do will take a little time to put together so everyone can be informed and has a chance to attend. The target area will be Denton, Collin and Tarrant counties although everyone who wants to attend will be welcome.

A place to meet needs to be agreed on (and a room reserved) and a date to do this. Do we want to do this before or after Brokenwing and T-Storms weekend? I am willing to do some of the work myself and would not mind some help.

I am also thinking about putting together something for all of the D/FW area for June. Brokenwing has already offered some good advice. I am open to more suggestions. icon_biggrin.gif

inceptor

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys

Ron and I discussed trying to get it together for April 13th. It would be nice to meet a few folks prior to the picnic. However, we are definitely open for suggestions.

Concerning a bigger get-together in June -- what about something at Ray Roberts? There are several caches in the area and opportunities for all kinds of activities.

quote:
Originally posted by Ron & Jen:

Ron and I discussed trying to get it together for April 13th. It would be nice to meet a few folks prior to the picnic. However, we are definitely open for suggestions.

Sounds good to me. icon_biggrin.gif Anyone else have some input here? By the way, I happen to like Cracker Barrel but, do they have a room for us? I have been to the one in Lewisville but can't remember. I will check with the that one on my way to work.

Concerning a bigger get-together in June -- what about something at Ray Roberts? There are several caches in the area and opportunities for all kinds of activities.

That sounds great! I have never been there. Add a few games and we have a really good day. icon_cool.gif

inceptor

I'd really rather avoid having more than one event per month if possible. I'm especially concerned about back-to-back events as is being proposed.

I would think for the best turnout, that May would be a good time for the breakfast and perhaps another outdoor event in early June?

Also, on the breakfast thing: It's really important that we get a room reserved that we all can fit into. The first two breakfasts had about 35 people, so a small room worked OK. The last one was more like 70 and we seriously overflowed the room. It would be ideal if we could find a place with a room that will hold up to 100. That said we might find that we only get 40 people to show up! You just never know with this kind of thing.

Open seating would definitely NOT work. We need our own space. One of the issues with getting a separate room though is that some places want a deposit.

I think the ideal place would be a buffet place, (buffets can more easily handle large groups) which has a large separate room that they will reserve for us at no cost.

Scott / Brokenwing

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

I know what you are saying Brokenwing. The idea here, posted by Ron & Jen is to meet others from our area before your get together. Actually I agree. It looks like there may be 100+ at the event and it will be next to impossible to meet everyone. It's always nice to know people from your own part of the metroplex.

As far as the restuarant goes, I think I know a place. icon_biggrin.gif I will let ya'll know soon.

inceptor

Well, if anyone is interested, I have tentatively reserved a room for 4/13. If ya'll want to do this let me know in the next couple of days and I will confirm.

If not we have a place for May if it is agreeable.

inceptor

quote:
Originally posted by inceptor:

Well, if anyone is interested, I have tentatively reserved a room for 4/13. If ya'll want to do this let me know in the next couple of days and I will confirm.

If not we have a place for May if it is agreeable.

Could you be more specific about time, place, and what you have in mind???

alchemist2000.jpg

Originally posted by alchemist2000:

Could you be more specific about time, place, and what you have in mind???

The place is the Golden Corral in Lewisville. Thats at I35 @ Main St. The time will be 9am. See the beginning post for what was in mind. They have a breakfast buffet for $5.79 and drinks are $1.29. The room is free and we could have it for 1 /12 hr.

inceptor

I have not yet talked to Code Poet, but the two of us will certainly try to attend. My personal preference would be for it to be a bit earlier, but that is colored by the fact that we are very early risers and that we don't have far to go for this one. (Those of you that like to sleep in....please don't flame me!! icon_biggrin.gif )

I know you are probably already planning to do this, but let me put in my 2 cents worth. If you think you have sufficient interest and decide to move forward with this, I would encourage you to go ahead and list it as an event so that it will appear on the geocaching.com main page and will be distributed on the new cache e-mail list later this week. I think more people, including many that don't necessarily read these forums, would get the word.

Thanks, inceptor, for putting this together. icon_smile.gif We look forward to meeting other geocachers from the northern burbs. If you need any help, let us know and we will do what we can.

alchemist2000.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by martinp13:

quote:
Originally posted by inceptor:

The room is free and we could have it for 1 /12 hr.

Dang, only 5 minutes? I'll barely have time to eat! icon_smile.gif

> Martin (Magellan 330)

icon_biggrin.gif Well, Martin, I just called the restaurant and they agreed to give us a full hour and a half. I explained that while I may eat fast there may be others who do not. The manager said that he did understand and agreed to the extra time. icon_wink.gif

inceptor