Caches near the port in Skagway?

GroundskeeperWillie

It doesn't look promising, Wil.

The rough coordinates from Skagway are N 59° 33.896' W 135° 19.680'. A search for geocaches puts the nearest ones north in the Yukon Territory (about 75 miles!) or south around Juneau (about 80 miles!)

So unless someone else plants one there soon, you may just have to hide one yourself. That could be pretty fun. Let us know how the excursion goes.

Seth!

*disclaimer* I had insomnia last night so this hasn't been thought through too well.

We get a lot of cruise ship traffic in Seattle these days. Maybe someone could place a cache near where the ships dock so cachers like Wil would have something to hunt for.

I avoid downtown Seattle at all costs, so I'm not sure if there would be a good place to put a cache down there or not. I think the hardest part would be finding a place that cachers could find the cache with out being noticed.

Oregone had started a thread a while back about a Welcome to Portland cache. This could be done up along those lines. Maybe filled with things to do along the waterfront, coupons for resturants or local shops.

Anyway, just an idea I had while tossing and turning last night.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??