GCs being deleted off 64s when downloading

dbrents

I have learned how to create lists and the download them to my 64s using Garmin Express. I've noticed lately that when I download a list of GCs some of the GCs that were the 64s are now gone. It may have been happening all along and I just hadn't noticed. What am I doing wrong?  More details: I have a list name I've call 'Local'. I use the list for new GCs in my immediate area that I want to add to the 64s. Before I download a new batch of GCs I first clean out (delete) the GCs in the 'Local' list and then add the new one. I am thinking that deleting the GCs from the download list also signals Express to delete them from the GPS.  Because after the download, the new ones are there but I've noticed that some of the ones that had been there are now missing. I didn't check all of them but I have noticed a few missing. I first thought it had something to do with the feature that reorders the GC based on proximity to my current location. I may have toggled a setting such that that feature is not working correctly and the GCs are still there but down in the pile somewhere. Or there could be a bug in the software.  It is probably my procedure that I need to change.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

A "List" is a set of Geocaches and will be sent as one file, with a file name based on the List's name.  It is likely that the old file will be over-written when sent, so after you delete caches from the List, the file contains fewer caches, and the GPS shows only the caches currently in the List.  You'll need to not delete the caches in the List, if you want to see them on the GPS.  If you intend to find caches on that List, it's good to have the most updated info about those caches anyway.

Edited by kunarion