App not working & can't re-install

My app could show the map and could read my location, but was not loading any information about any cache. Navigation did not work and I could not read any descriptions or activity. This problem lasted for a few days, so I finally uninstalled the app and tried to re-install. The Play Store says "download pending" and hasn't installed the app. There is a message about ongoing maintenance. What is happening with the app?  Is anyone else having this problem?  MJchemist

My app is working as expected - Android 9, Google Pixel, app version 7.7.0

Did you reboot the phone after the uninstall?  What phone, Android version, and app version are you working with?   Are you using a cellular or wifi connection to try and download the app?  Do other apps download and install OK?

Sorry for the third degree - just trying to narrow down where the problem might be....

I've had situations where my old version of Android was no longer supported by recent versions of an app. The old version would remain on my phone though. Sometimes the old version of the app would work fine. Sometimes the old version of the app would stop working. Either way, if I uninstalled the app, then I would not be able to reinstall it. Perhaps something similar happened in this situation.

Thanks so much for the responses. Yes - I had tried everything & did restart. It appears to have been a network problem with slow wifi.  Eventually it did install. Now when I try to sign in, it says network error.  I guess I have to keep trying when I am on a busy wifi.