Bucket Brigade in Portland

oregone

N 45 28.756

W 122 41.213

N 45 28.596

W 122 41.036

I was just driving up Terwilliger when i saw something curious on the side of the road.

At the above coordinates, you'll find two large piles of gravel surrounded by buckets. Maybe the parks department is strapped for cash or something, because apparently they can't finish resurfacing the trail whose heads are represented by said above coordinates.

I grabbed a bucket and walked down the gravelled trail about 100 feet. Sure enough, the gravel ended and the mud began. So i dumped the gravel out of my bucket and created two more feet of trail. I then continued to walk along the trail for about 100 more feet before the gravel began again. I repeated the process on the way back to the car.

Anyway, i was thinking what a great event cache this would be. But then i got really lazy and decided i'd just let y'all know that if you want to score some karma points with the satellite gods, you can head out to this park and help complete a trail that is in much need of a little lovin'.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

If this is the same one I saw while doing Play Ball and one other puzzle cache not to be named here icon_biggrin.gif, then it has been there for some time. I too moved a few buckets of gravel while finding these caches a month or so ago, as there are instructions to do so...

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

I bet those who were going to make the trail in the first place would be very surprised when they come back to finish the job icon_biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that there are signs at each of the gravel piles that say something along the lines of "Save our Parks! Join the Bucket Brigade!"

I probably shoulda maybe, um, mentioned that important piece of information...

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

I grabbed a bucket and walked down the gravelled trail about 100 feet. Sure enough, the gravel ended and the mud began. So i dumped the gravel out of my bucket and created two more feet of trail. I then continued to walk along the trail for about 100 more feet before the gravel began again. I repeated the process on the way back to the car.

How do you know they weren't trying to remove the gravel from the trail (put it back to it's natural state) and make huge piles with it? icon_wink.gif Maybe you just set their efforts back. icon_biggrin.gif

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.