Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PISA-caching

Wrong icon size

Recommended Posts

I think the problem there is that the category does not have it's own icon - the one shown is the icon for the Measurement Standards department. I think.

Share this post


Link to post

Somewhat related:

while looking at my Visit Milestones I see that I have one listed for 1000th visit; strange because on my profile it shows Visits: 993

And if I go to "Waymarks I've Visited" it returns 991 - suggesting that two that I visited have since been archived.

Milestones, don't get ahead of me!

When I look at my Statistics it states: "You've visited 1004 waymarks (993 distinct) since your first visit on 3/8/2013."

What does that mean "993 distinct"?

Does this mean I visited some waymarks multiple times? I don't recall ever visiting any waymark more than once. But I have posted a few notes to waymarks I also visited. Maybe they are both counted?

This calls for another little experiment :0)

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Bon Echo said:

Somewhat related:

while looking at my Visit Milestones I see that I have one listed for 1000th visit; strange because on my profile it shows Visits: 993

And if I go to "Waymarks I've Visited" it returns 991 - suggesting that two that I visited have since been archived.

Milestones, don't get ahead of me!

When I look at my Statistics it states: "You've visited 1004 waymarks (993 distinct) since your first visit on 3/8/2013."

What does that mean "993 distinct"?

Does this mean I visited some waymarks multiple times? I don't recall ever visiting any waymark more than once. But I have posted a few notes to waymarks I also visited. Maybe they are both counted?

This calls for another little experiment :0)

Nope, just posted a Visit and then a Comment on one of PISA-caching's WMs and counts only went up by one. Log and Comment subsequently deleted.

 

Next I posted two visit logs to the same waymark and new I get "You've visited 1006 waymarks (994 distinct) since your first visit on 3/8/2013."

So yes it looks like I have some double-visits that I don't seem to remember. Oh well

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

I think the problem there is that the category does not have it's own icon - the one shown is the icon for the Measurement Standards department. I think.

 

The Icon for the Measurement Standards department has a gray border, while the Icons in the French Benchmarks category have a red border.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

When I look at my Statistics it states: "You've visited 1004 waymarks (993 distinct) since your first visit on 3/8/2013."

What does that mean "993 distinct"?

Does this mean I visited some waymarks multiple times? I don't recall ever visiting any waymark more than once. But I have posted a few notes to waymarks I also visited. Maybe they are both counted?

This calls for another little experiment :0)

 

Could it be that you've visited cross posted waymarks and they're not considered distinct?

Or maybe you visited 11 of them on a foggy day? :)

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

 

Could it be that you've visited cross posted waymarks and they're not considered distinct?

 I thought about that but if that was the case the numbers would be vastly different - if I had to guess, I'd say as many as 20% of my visits are to nearly duplicated waymarks (listed by the same player), maybe even more. I logged 11 visits alone on the CN tower and probably as many at Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls, more.

I guess I must really have posted 11 "additional visits". I did find one waymark that I visited twice. 11 seems high, but over 5 years, that only a couple per year. You think I'd remember, that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

 I thought about that but if that was the case the numbers would be vastly different - if I had to guess, I'd say as many as 20% of my visits are to nearly duplicated waymarks (listed by the same player), maybe even more. I logged 11 visits alone on the CN tower and probably as many at Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls, more.

I guess I must really have posted 11 "additional visits". I did find one waymark that I visited twice. 11 seems high, but over 5 years, that only a couple per year. You think I'd remember, that's all.

Well, it must have been the fog, then.

Keith

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...