Has anyone made a list of rest-area caches along I-90 in Washington?

MissEm

I'm trying to come up with a list of quick caches along I-90 between Spokane and Seattle. I'm not sure yet when we'll be going, but it would be a fun way to break up the trip for the kids to stop along the way to do some "treasure hunting". I know there are several at rest areas, and I've been trying to go through the list picking those out. But then it occurred to me that maybe someone had already done that, and I didn't need to "reinvent the wheel"!

TIA!

"Some people are just interesting. They can't help it. They just are." --Rick Bragg, "Ava's Man"

Which way are you traveling? Some depend on what way-east or west-you are traveling. Here are some that I know about:

I-90 BFE--eastbound

I-90 Wild Stallions--east bound

Quilomene Scenic View--west bound

Babcock Bench--west bound 1/2 mile hike

David's cache--either-exit 176 to boat launch

Sagebrush--on a parallel road to I-90

Take a break--east bound rest stop

Last Stop--east bound at Sprague Lake rest area

Indian John East

Indian John West

Where's George Washington--exit at George

Ghost Bridge--Lake Easton Park south of I-90

There are quite a few on Highway 10 which runs parallel to I-90 between Ellensburg and Cle Elum.

Hope this helps. Endurancenut

Unfortunately, I-90 Wild Stallions has been archived.

Someone reported it as plundered about a month ago, but I never confirmed it since I live in Seattle)

But the area is still worth stopping at.

(And if you look for the cache and it's still there, we'd all be thrilled. It's one of my favorites...)

Well, we'll be traveling both directions... round trip! It's very helpful to know which ones are westbound and which ones are eastbound. Thanks so much for posting those! I thought we might get over there this weekend, but doesn't look like we will. I still hope we can later this fall, so I will keep the list handy! Thank you! icon_smile.gif

"Some people are just interesting. They can't help it. They just are." --Rick Bragg, "Ava's Man"

Well, we'll be traveling both directions... round trip! It's very helpful to know which ones are westbound and which ones are eastbound. Thanks so much for posting those! I thought we might get over there this weekend, but doesn't look like we will. I still hope we can later this fall, so I will keep the list handy! Thank you! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MissEm:

I'm trying to come up with a list of quick caches along I-90 between Spokane and Seattle.

When you're on the West side of Spokane, be sure to hit the Finch Arboretum cache (GC27E8). It's only two-three minutes off the freeway (east or west bound) and in a beautiful park the kids will love. There's a letterbox there too! icon_smile.gif

-HangGlider

quote:
Originally posted by MissEm:

I'm trying to come up with a list of quick caches along I-90 between Spokane and Seattle.

When you're on the West side of Spokane, be sure to hit the Finch Arboretum cache (GC27E8). It's only two-three minutes off the freeway (east or west bound) and in a beautiful park the kids will love. There's a letterbox there too! icon_smile.gif

-HangGlider