what makes cents?

kiwimonster

We have this micro cache - poetry in motion - where one of its goals is to exchange the penny in the cache with one that is older. We'd put off the inevitable question of what to do when a penny is so old that nobody can exchange it out, figuring we'd cross that bridge when it came.

Well, we think we're just about there. We really have two poll questions. The one you can vote on here is: at what point do we do something so that people can swap pennies again. By reset, we mean replacing the penny with a brand new one. Let us also know what values of X makes sense to you.

The other question is: if we reset the penny, what do we do with the old penny? Off the top of my head is:

• Keep it icon_razz.gif
  • Make a travel bug of some kind
  • Collect them and award them at the end of the year to the best log entry as voted on by the cache finders
We can only have one poll question here, so let us know what you think in your comments.

Note: the penny exchange is probably the least interesting aspect of this cache - the poetic logs and the thrill of the hunt in front of so many aliens is more so.

If it helps, We have two coin exchange caches, Chronological Progression and Chronological Regression. When the coins in one get too old, we will move them to the other, and vice versa. So far, so good. Currently there is a 1927 nickel in Regression! We set them up with several different coins so there would be a variety of dates.

-Jennifer

Where am I going? I ain't certain.

When will I get there? I don't know.

All as I know is I am on my way!

you gave them the option of either putting a brand new one (2003/2002) OR an older one. That way they penny would constantly be going up, down, up, down, up... and there's always an out. This may completely defeat the purpose of the cache though. Otherwise, I guess it's up to you to swap it out, or do pretty much whatever you want w/ it.

just my 2 cents worth... ba dum bum. frog.gif

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

I've thought about reversing it, but I think that would be too confusing.

The cache really isn't big enough for more coins, although that is a good idea. The second cache is also a great idea, but I'm afraid that if we made another micro cache, Tungsten Jihad WILL kill a kitten. It's just part of our nature to try to make each new cache better than the last, and I'm not convinced the kittens are safe with this one...