Guess Which States are Top Cachers!

Durango!

I thought it would be interesting if the geocaching site had statistics for highest caches per state (population adjusted) and highest number of active cachers. I ran some quick numbers, and used a state's population vs. number of caches in the state:

(lower number means more caches per pop and is BETTER!)

Utah: 3460 people per cache COOL!

Oregon: 5780

Idaho: 7500

Washington: 10,820

Alaska: 12,400 (maybe we need to catch up, but remember much of the population lives in areas not accessible by road to others... but infinite great cache sites here) icon_cool.gif

Just a few stats I looked up: Texas has 32,607 people per cache. Rhode Island 22,520, and California 15,485. Looks like Texas needs another 6,163 caches to statistically equal Utah! We only have 654 as of today! Now...off to that cache I haven't been to yet, only 236 miles away...

My guess is that Washington DC would win that one because of the 16,000 virtuals they have. I know, i know, that's not a state.

So maybe New Jersey would win. I think you could fit three New Jerseys in Portland's Forest Park.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed