Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
31BMSG

New earthcache question

I'm working to publish an earthcache that has unique geological features but also has historical significance, in fact a historical marker has been placed on the side of one of the boulders. In addition to questions about the geology would I be allowed to ask one question of the historical significance? I'm out to place some caches today so it may be a while before I can reply.

Edited by 31BMSG

Is placing two caches (your earthcache for the geological part and another type for the historical part of the visit) an option? 

3 hours ago, Tungstène said:

Is placing two caches (your earthcache for the geological part and another type for the historical part of the visit) an option? 

Thanks! As a virtual wasn't possible I didn't consider any other type, but now that you brought that up I could use this as a virtual stage for a puzzle cache.

Keep in mind that you could also place a physical cache near the boulder, too.  EarthCaches are exempt from the 0.1 mile minimum distance.  If you do this, try to offset the caches a little so that both icons show up on the map.

Actually, I now think I like your idea better - it guarantees that they read the marker!!

12 hours ago, egroeg said:

Keep in mind that you could also place a physical cache near the boulder, too.  EarthCaches are exempt from the 0.1 mile minimum distance.  If you do this, try to offset the caches a little so that both icons show up on the map.

Actually, I now think I like your idea better - it guarantees that they read the marker!!

I have looked this area over twice in the past and could not come up with a location that would be muggle-proof unless it was a micro and I don't want to do that, this is at a roadside park and is used for rock climbing quite often. The 15,000 square miles in the three counties I'm placing caches basically has no public land so I have to be creative to avoid hiding a micro. I have an idea in mind and will run it past my reviewer to get his opinion but I thank you both for the ideas.   

3 hours ago, 31BMSG said:

I have looked this area over twice in the past and could not come up with a location that would be muggle-proof unless it was a micro and I don't want to do that, this is at a roadside park and is used for rock climbing quite often. The 15,000 square miles in the three counties I'm placing caches basically has no public land so I have to be creative to avoid hiding a micro. I have an idea in mind and will run it past my reviewer to get his opinion but I thank you both for the ideas.   

Possible Stage to a Multi?