Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
31BMSG

New earthcache question

Recommended Posts

I'm working to publish an earthcache that has unique geological features but also has historical significance, in fact a historical marker has been placed on the side of one of the boulders. In addition to questions about the geology would I be allowed to ask one question of the historical significance? I'm out to place some caches today so it may be a while before I can reply.

Edited by 31BMSG

Share this post


Link to post

Is placing two caches (your earthcache for the geological part and another type for the historical part of the visit) an option? 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Tungstène said:

Is placing two caches (your earthcache for the geological part and another type for the historical part of the visit) an option? 

Thanks! As a virtual wasn't possible I didn't consider any other type, but now that you brought that up I could use this as a virtual stage for a puzzle cache.

Share this post


Link to post

Keep in mind that you could also place a physical cache near the boulder, too.  EarthCaches are exempt from the 0.1 mile minimum distance.  If you do this, try to offset the caches a little so that both icons show up on the map.

Actually, I now think I like your idea better - it guarantees that they read the marker!!

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, egroeg said:

Keep in mind that you could also place a physical cache near the boulder, too.  EarthCaches are exempt from the 0.1 mile minimum distance.  If you do this, try to offset the caches a little so that both icons show up on the map.

Actually, I now think I like your idea better - it guarantees that they read the marker!!

I have looked this area over twice in the past and could not come up with a location that would be muggle-proof unless it was a micro and I don't want to do that, this is at a roadside park and is used for rock climbing quite often. The 15,000 square miles in the three counties I'm placing caches basically has no public land so I have to be creative to avoid hiding a micro. I have an idea in mind and will run it past my reviewer to get his opinion but I thank you both for the ideas.   

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, 31BMSG said:

I have looked this area over twice in the past and could not come up with a location that would be muggle-proof unless it was a micro and I don't want to do that, this is at a roadside park and is used for rock climbing quite often. The 15,000 square miles in the three counties I'm placing caches basically has no public land so I have to be creative to avoid hiding a micro. I have an idea in mind and will run it past my reviewer to get his opinion but I thank you both for the ideas.   

Possible Stage to a Multi?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×
×
  • Create New...