Country Maps in Profile

5 hours ago, colleda said:

How is the shading of found countries determined? I have some countries where we have found a few having darker shading than others where we have found many more. Is it a percentage based on number of caches in each country?

The shading is based on a scale that can be seen at the bottom-left of each map. The region with the fewest finds forms the lower end of the scale, and the highest finds is the higher end. Anything else in between is shaded accordingly. Any map with only one region that needs to be shaded (like your Canada and South America ones) gets the darkest shading by default.

Can you give an example of countries that you don't think are shaded as expected? I took a quick look at your maps and don't see anything out of order.

OK, thanks A-Team, I see it now. Comparing different maps was the source of my confusion(?). So it looks, as indicated by the bar/scale, the shading only refers to that map alone, country/state from highest to lowest number of finds, and has no relation to the number of caches available.