Geocaches not showing on geocaching app, but do on geobucket

grahamlawrencebl

Hi all, I just went on an afternoons geocaching in Tollesbury based on the large amount of caches I found on geobucket (on my iPad). However after traveling there and loading the geocaching app (this time on my iPhone) most of the caches had disappeared. Most of the caches in this area have been placed there by Mr Crow and it was these caches that did not appear. As a result I only found the 1 cache that was on the map, as opposed to the 12 plus that were there on geobucket. I have premium membership and thought that I could view all geocaches. No filters were applied so that is not the reason. How do I get all of Mr Crows geocaches to appear in the geocaching iPhone app? In addition to this last year I did find a few of his caches locally, and logged the find, but even these caches no longer appear on the app. Am I doing something wrong? 

They may have been archived.  I see from looking at Mr Crow's profile that they appear to have archived several caches at the same time last spring.  E.g.,

After 5 years and almost 4,000 visits I've decided to archive part 2 of the Essex 100 series. It's time to let someone else breathe fresh life into this lovely walk.

I hadn't heard of this app and don't know how widely it's used.  If you see geocaches on geobucket that haven't been archived and should be there, and no users come on this thread that can help, then you may want to contact the developers directly to get tips.

Good luck!