Megellian Explorist 310 Help/direction

Cachesaurous

Hello Friends 

I am getting into this lovely game and I have a Megellian Explorist 310 it was a used before and i am a bit lost with it.

Can someone give me a brief over view of any programs or any thing i will need to get this to work with for geocaching, I can see there are some some of maps loaded onto it.

I understand I can "just google it" but I am really having trouble. I know with the right extensions I can send the cach right to the unit but a brief overview would really be appreciated and i can focus in in details after! I also hear there are free topo maps. I saw some caches loaded on the unit from old owner and it looks amazing the info that is included!! I am very excited. I am more interested in using this then the phone.

I really appreciate any time one one can take in helping me with this. This will be great for me and my family.

as I am new to the community I dont know where to go.

thank you

I don't use any programs with my eXplorist 310. I just run a pocket query, download the data file, plug the eXplorist into the USB cable, transfer the data file to the eXplorist filesystem, and go. But pocket queries are a premium feature, so that option is not available to you as a basic member.

You can enter coordinates into your eXplorist by hand. I do that when I'm using it to work on a multi-cache.

Others may have suggestions that will help basic members more.

• Upvote 1