Message Center : can't get to user's profile

sTeamTraen

1 hour ago, sTeamTraen said:

Ha!  Modern app design confuses old man.  (Surely it wouldn't hurt to make each mention of the user's name a link to their profile, though?)

I agree with you. The more they let these things creep into the website, the more I realize how much of app design seems to go out of the way in order to force you to know the special lingo of app interfaces. It's just drop dead obvious that when you click on the person's face, you should go to their profile, but, nooooo, you have to click on some symbol that requires special knowledge before it can even be recognized as an icon in order to pull up a menu you had no idea was there and had no reason to expect just so you can click on "user profile".

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, HHL said:

'Hamburger buttons have been criticized by TechCrunch as a "poor design choice" in apps for mobile devices.' Dunno if TechCrunch thinks they're OK for web interfaces, although if they do, I'd say that says more about TechCrunch than the hamburger button.

I notice that, despite clearly being a hamburger button in the functional sense, it doesn't use the icon wikipedia is talking about. Although to GS's credit, their icon looks more like an actual hamburger, so maybe they were making a joke. When you first mentioned "hamburger button", I thought you were just talking about it looking like a hamburger since it does, it really does, so thanks for the follow up. Now I know "Hamburger Button" is A Thing.