Rafting in Maupin

Team JOYSON

Just out of curiosity, which of you guys went rafting the Deschutes in Maupin yesterday (09/06/03)? We saw someone in a Geocaching.com t-shirt changing a tire on a black Suburu as we passed, but didn't get the chance to say hi.

We nearly killed ourselves... pictures to follow... and didn't even get a cache to show for it.

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

[This message was edited by Team JOYSON on September 07, 2003 at 09:22 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Team JOYSON:

Just out of curiosity, which of you guys went rafting the Deschutes in Maupin yesterday (09/06/03)? We saw someone in a Geocaching.com t-shirt changing a tire on a black Suburu as we passed, but didn't get the chance to say hi.

Did you honk and laugh as you drove by the poor guy?

--------------------

This space for rent! Ask about our easy layaway plan!

quote:
Originally posted by Team JOYSON:

Actually, we were parked across the street, and I was thinking about walking over, but my wife has this fear of me talking to strangers... wait... what are all you people!?!? I've got to go...

_"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."_

WOW that must make it hard to leave the house... icon_eek.gif

* Remember... Only you can pervert forest faeries... *

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

RIGHT ON!!!!

Now that looks like ubber-cool fun icon_biggrin.gif

Is that Joy there in the front with just the foot above water?

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

That looks like the rock right after Box Car that sits smack in the middle of the river. It doesn't look like the rock on the left of Oak Springs. If I'm wrong and it is Oak Springs I can certainly understand the sitting at home.

Personally, I like Husum Falls on the White Salmon.

Husom.jpg

Titanic.jpg

"Where shall the world be found, where will the word resound? Not here, there is not enough silence." - T.S. Eliot

pdx32.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DenaliNW:

That looks like the rock right after Box Car that sits smack in the middle of the river. It doesn't look like the rock on the left of Oak Springs. If I'm wrong and it is Oak Springs I can certainly understand the sitting at home.

We wish! This was Wapinitia... the very first real rapid less than a mile after we put in. The raft wound up completely flipped & many sunglasses were lost by all (except me).

The feet in the air are my mother in law's. JOY & I are the ones in the water on the left w/ sunglasses. That's Joy's brother reaching up to pull me in. All in all, great fun. But when you nearly capsize the boat less than a mile into a 13 mile trip, you can imagine the anxiety afterwards.

Hmmmm... you were the only one that managed to safe sunglasses huh? I think last time a swamped a canoe like that I was the only one to save my beer icon_razz.gif

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bazzle:

Hmmmm... you were the only one that managed to safe sunglasses huh? I think last time a swamped a canoe like that I was the only one to save my beer icon_razz.gif

It's a running joke w/ everyone in the boat. There were 3 pairs of $80+ sunglasses lost, but my $8 Santa Monica Specials were the only pair that stayed on.