Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
minijim

Garmin GPS Map 60 and Safari

2 posts in this topic

Ok, hate to go around this topic again...but...I have a Garmin Map 60 which has been working.  I download off of my Mac laptop (normally through Safari but tried Firefox)  I have updated all the software for the Mac, Garmin Express, plugins etc.  But now when I want to 'send to my GPS' it can not find the device.  I resently renewed my geocaching.com Premium membership and now thinking I should cancel and perhaps consider  icaching or Gsak?.   Neophyte Minijim

On 8/22/2017 at 10:41 PM, minijim said:

Ok, hate to go around this topic again...but...I have a Garmin Map 60 which has been working.  I download off of my Mac laptop (normally through Safari but tried Firefox)  I have updated all the software for the Mac, Garmin Express, plugins etc.  But now when I want to 'send to my GPS' it can not find the device.  I resently renewed my geocaching.com Premium membership and now thinking I should cancel and perhaps consider  icaching or Gsak?.   Neophyte Minijim

You won't be able to use GSAK on the mac (it's a windows only application) unless you run a dual boot setup, a virtual machine application (VMWare, VIrtualBox), or an application that will emulate a windows environment (e.g. Wine).   I'd keep the PM and use iCaching as that will allow you to create pocket queries, download many waypoints at once into the application, then send them all to the GPS.