Release Notes (Website only: Header updates) - August 14, 2017

On 5.9.2017 at 9:04 PM, plaidtopia said:

@arisoft @Dread_Pirate_Bruce @GLK1 We're having difficulties reproducing this tablet-display bug internally. Can you confirm what device, browser, and OS version you are seeing this on? Our suspicions are that this is only happening on iOS 8 and below, but can't be sure until we have more info.

iPad model number MD370KS/A  iOS Ver 8.2 (12D508)

On September 5, 2017 at 11:04 AM, plaidtopia said:

@arisoft @Dread_Pirate_Bruce @GLK1 We're having difficulties reproducing this tablet-display bug internally. Can you confirm what device, browser, and OS version you are seeing this on? Our suspicions are that this is only happening on iOS 8 and below, but can't be sure until we have more info.

I am using 8.3 on my iPad with Safari, and 10.8.5 on my Mac with Safari.

If info you requested is regarding the large green header - I use MacBook laptop with its original software which was Mac OS X and ilife preinstalled, I think this was Snow Leopard - bought laptop new from apple store in Sept 2009.  I may have updated software occasionally (but am a bit cautious and probably not updated every time) when offered but I have not purchased any updates or software.  I use google browser.  Hope this helps. Still have this problem and will be really grateful when you get rid of it.

Hey gang! Thank you for the information — it's been very helpful to isolate the cause of that overlong header.

It appears as though this is only affecting Safari browsers on iOS 8/Mountain Lion or older. Both of these versions are 3+ years old and have been replaced by multiple newer OS iterations. If you are running into this header display issue, my recommendation is to update to one of these newer releases as it should resolve this issue (and address a bunch of security gaps unrelated to our site/app).

Ultimately, we can't promise support for these old browsers as, frequently, fixes for them would require complete overhauls that would be incompatible with newer devices. This is the case with this one, as we believe it to be a fairly foundational issue.

If you are NOT on iOS 8/Mountain Lion or older and still affected by this issue, please let us know!

Edited by plaidtopia

I updated my iPad.....I don't like change.....BUT it worked...I can actually see the cache name, D/T, and log the cache from the cache page!!!   It was a pain to log them from the map page.  Thank You so very much for finding the solution to the very large green header problem.