Wherigo - updating cartridge

rangercarol

There is an error in my Wherigo cartridge that I have corrected.  However, the site shows several versions of my cartridge but only downloads the early version.  How can I delete all the versions except the latest?

Also, I want to completely revise the cartridge using the same waypoints - would it be easier to archive the cache and start over?

rangercarol

It's not possible to delete cartridges from Wherigo.com without sending an email to Groundspeak--but you'd have to state in your email that's something they have to do and they don't need to tell you to ask in the forum.

All you can do yourself is prevent the unused cartridges from being shown.  This is what that "Make this cartridge available in the directory" checkbox is about on your cartridge's details page.

If you're going to revise the cartridge, you can just upload a new version to the cartridge listing.  You don't have to archive the cache.  (The caveat being if the cartridge's experience--such as the story--is different from before.)  If you're just going to update some things in the cartridge, both the cache and cartridge listings can stand.  Just upload a new cartridge GWZ via the cartridge listing page (and not the page that creates a new cartridge).