Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
rangercarol

Updating Wherigo Cartridge

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to correct an error in my Wherigo cartridge.  'Quilt Trail'   I have uploaded changes but the only cartridge that can be downloaded is the original.  How do I replace or update it?   Also, I now  have multiple versions in history - how do I delete the ones that are unneeded?

The end result is that cachers keep finding errors when they play my Wherigo cartridge.

Thanks,

Rangercarol

I believe you created a completely new listing on the site instead of uploading a new version.  Please check your steps:

• Go to the cartridge page link listed in your geocache listing.
  • Click the upload GWZ file link on the left side.
  • Upload your new version using that page.  Don't forget to tell what you changed in that box and then post an owner maintenance log on the geocaching listing.

To verify you did it right, on your cartridge page, go to the release notes link on the left side.  You should see that day's date and what you said changed.  Currently, the last time you uploaded something for that cartridge was in March of this year.

Thanks - that worked.  I still have a bunch of interim versions out there but I guess they are doing no harm.

Rangercarol

Well, I'd rather you hide those interim versions.  What happens if someone searches Wherigo.com by your user name in order to download the cartridge?  For example, this search returns six Quilt Trail results.  We would guess the one with the icon is the right cartridge to download.

To hide a cartridge, just uncheck the "Make this cartridge available in the directory" check box on the cartridges' edit details pages.  It'll only take a minute or two of your time to help prevent someone from wasting half an hour of their time due to downloading the wrong cartridge.

how do i edit answers in my Wherigo? or make changes to questions I asked in my Wherigo? and once i do this is there something i need to do before its all good to go? thanks for any help :)

Depending on the builder app you used, you'd open the cartridge file, find your question, and edit the list of answers you have. Then, if you edited the correct answer's text, you would have to edit the if/then statement that validates the correct answer. 

After that, you would need to generate the GWZ file and upload it as a new version to your cartridge listing on Wherigo.com, then post an owner maintenance log on your geocache listing. 

If you mentioned the builder you used, you can receive a more detailed answer. 

Hello from Prince Edward Island in Canada!