Release Notes (Website only, Drafts page) - June 22, 2017

The wire on the container was broken and it was on the ground. We put the old log in a new container and hung it on the only tree.

Here are some previous logs for this cache.

If we could only see our comments after uploading our drafts we could have let the CO we performed maintenance.

allens13

prem_user.gifPremium Member

default_avatar.png

found.png15

Found it Found it
07/16/2017

Found , it was open and wet

taylorstransfer

reg_user.gifMember

default_avatar.png

found.png1372

Found it Found it
06/01/2016

Found with Riverbugs. Not much treasure here anymore as original cache has been replaced by a camo pill bottle. Replacement cache is holding up well after 3 years of service. TFTC.

Thanks for sharing the information TeamBikeFast. We tested with the files you shared. We were able to see the comments on the caches on the new logging page (the older page does not display a preview of the log) - have you tried this with a new field note with text? Noticed that the comment  in your text file “Tidal Bore. Burnt Cove Head” is on the event cache GC72QAE and not the Earthcache GC3XEHV (if that was intentional or not, I’m unsure). 

We’re not able to reproduce an issue with uploads:

1. Uploaded the text file with only the dates from July on the old field notes page - as if we were uploading ‘last week’.
  2. To test, only 1 cache was logged. Logged the cache from July 19th from the old field notes page in the new logging page. 
  3. Uploaded the entire file - all July and August dates (including the July 19th text file) - as if we were uploading ‘this week’:
    1. Uploaded to the new drafts page. The logged cache (July 19th) was not uploaded and does not appear on the new drafts page or the old field notes page. 
    2. Uploaded to the old field notes page with the “ignore logs before 8/4/2017” checked. The logged cache (July 19th) was not uploaded and does not appear on the new drafts page or the old field notes page. 
    3. Uploaded to the old field notes page WITHOUT the “ignore logs before 8/4/2017” checked. The logged cache (July 19th) DOES appear, because the checkbox is essentially giving permission to upload everything, despite any past uploads. 

Perhaps you are using the old field notes page without checking the “ignore logs”? If you are using the new drafts page, any previously logged caches will not be uploaded. Without more information and more detailed steps I’m afraid I can’t provide you with more assistance.  

I will leave the existing drafts in the Garmin 650 when we go out this week. I will take before and after screen shots of the upload process and let you know how it goes.

The "Ignore logs before" was not showing up on the old field notes page until after I uploaded (all) the field notes, which is why I switched to the new drafts page.

Thank you for the detailed analysis of the information provided. 

The problem we were having may have been caused by using the "Delete All" on the old page. How is the best way to delete the logged geocaches form the drafts page if you have 100 or more to log. Sometimes on a trip we do not have internet until we return home. Do we have to check 100 individual boxes to delete the drafts?

Deleting the visits.txt file every time before uploading to the GPS adds a step to what is supposed to be a process improvement.

Confused