Portland, Oregon complete newbie sez "Hi!"

Sparrowhawk

Hey all... just want to say hello to any fellow Oregonian geocachers out there. I just got my new Magellan 330 yesterday for cheap (who-hoo!) and am ready for this new adventure.

My contribution to the local caches may be lots and lots of working AA batteries, that is, IF you guys think that is a good idea... because I have about a ton of them I don't know what to do with. Please let me know if that would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif

Hope to see you at the next local gathering.

-Elana (a.k.a. "falcospav")

Spam-catcher address: falcospav@excite.com

Actual address: elana(at)dreamcircle dot com

"Defenestrate XP!"

I've been known to snag batteries from caches, but i only use them if they're wrapped up in the original package. Loose batteries are usually just garbage. Oh, and so are wet ones, obviously.

but welcome to geocaching! Some of us are pretty fun, some of us are tolerable, and some of us are totally annoying. icon_wink.gif

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Some of us are/can be all of the above. Welcome to the sport/hobbie/addiction/whatever you can get away with calling it. There's a number of events coming up relatively quickly. Hopefully you'll be able to make "Do we, or don't we?" 10/08/02. Not much info about it yet, but knowing the PDX crowd, and the little I know about Dasein, it should be an eventful cache (pun intended). Alright, enough with my bad jokes... welcome to the neighborhood.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again..." Mt. 13:44

Just checked out your bio. Are you a fellow philosopher? Saw your reference to Descarte. Or was that just a joke? You may (or may not, depending) recognize that 'dasein' is a term coined by Heidegger.

Anyhow, hope everyone can meet you at the event cache that we and Shmoe are hosting next Tuesday. Team Joyson has a link to it on their post from earlier today.

--laurak of dasein

Welcome to the wonderful state of Oregon and to the wonderful state of mine of geocaching.

The two together can be a deadly combination. So save all the change that you find in caches and tuck it away. You will need it in a few years for therapy.

Just a note to say welcome, and to let you know that if you get as attached to caching as the rest of us are, those extra AA batteries will no longer be a problem very soon... be sure to take spares with you on the hunt, so that you aren't left in the middle of a field somewhere, teaching the wildlife new and interesting vocabulary words, when your GPS poops out. icon_biggrin.gif