Proximity rules

NLBokkie

Een verzoek aan de Nederlandse reviewers: zouden jullie alsjeblieft de Nederlandse proximity rules voor events willen publiceren? Ik ben nu al twee keer tegen deze nieuwe beperking opgelopen, maar kan er nergens iets over terug vinden. Noch over de afstand, noch over het tijdsverschil.

Dankjewel.

Thanks Touchstone. But how near is "near"? It seems there are distances and time frames in use with this rule that are not published or clear. And on top of that they seem to be different for each country.

The reason I'm asking about this is that with the current "where in the world is Signal" series of events, which are all organised for the same reason, for the same audience and mostly in the same timeframe (which is a direct result of Geocaching.com asking geocachers to organise events during a short time frame), allowing one event to be published almost automatically means that others a mere 10 miles away are not allowed to be published. And that is perceived as an issue - by me but many more geocachers here in densely populated Netherlands, where 10 miles distance usually means being in a different city with a different geocaching community. We're now told that these proximity rules won't allow for an event per city, while these same rules have never ever been mentioned before or enforced before. But they are an acute nuisance for event organisers trying to get a fun event organised as requested by Geocaching.com, only to be denied having them because of rules that are not clear to the non-reviewers.

From what I read about these rules on the forum here, it seems that different countries or even different reviewers use different measures for this. So I'm trying to get a clear view on what measures are supposed to apply here. Like what range and what time difference are prohibitive. The quote from the guidelines you mention looks to me like applying to very different circumstances, like preventing endless amounts of satellite events to go with megas and gigas . . . ?

Edited by NLBokkie