Show a countdown progress (Urwigo)

Moriarty

Hi people,

I'm starting my firts Wherigo cartridge and I need some help. I want to show the countdown progress in the screen.

I tried to do it calling a message once and again from a function. It works in the Urwigo emulator, but not in the mobile (every time that appears a message, it comes with a slide animation too slow to refresh the message every function loop).

How can I show the countdown progress to the user in the screen? It's possible?

Thanks!

You didn't mention, which player do you used for testing, but I assume the official iPhone player. It is the only with sliding in pages :)

With this in mind, it is very difficult to suggest something. Messages are always slide in. List are only updated, if you refresh the screen by hand. You could change an item description and show the new value there.

The bigger problem could be, that the iPhone timer is much slower than timers on other devices. Users reported, that 1 second on iPhone are 2 seconds in reality ;)

Yes, try to show it in an item description. Call the item "Stop watch" and change the description each time in the tick event. This should work on the iPhone too.

Let me tell you how I am programming it:

On start the cartridge it starts the countdown and call the function "Counter".

The function "counter" set the item.description=countdown.remaining, and finaly calls another countdown called "wait"

When "wait" ends after a 1 second it calls the funcion "counter" again.

It works fine, but the item description refreshes with a slide in from the right.

Edited by Moriarty

Not feresh the description of a Message box. Fresh the description of an item or character.

It's what I'm doing, refreshing the description of the item, and in iPhone app it refresh with a slide in too.

Now I tried to refresh the name of the item and it works, in part: If you only have a item, you can see the name in the main screen. There it refresh ok, but if you enter into the item, the slide in from the left reappears.

You should take a look into the Testsuit, which you could find here. Start this cartridge on your player and select "Inventory"-"Timer tests"-"Intervall". Start this test and you should see a possibility, how you could achive, what you want. Find the Urwigo source code at the link too.

You should take a look into the Testsuit, which you could find here. Start this cartridge on your player and select "Inventory"-"Timer tests"-"Intervall". Start this test and you should see a possibility, how you could achive, what you want. Find the Urwigo source code at the link too.

Don't work. When I try to open the Wherigo_Testsuit.urwigo appears a message error and the cartridge is absolutly empty. The testsuit.gwz don't work in the iPhone. I'm doing it right?

Works! Let's see...

Edited by Moriarty