Garmin Etrex 30

chipleduff

I recently got a Garmin Etrex 30 and am trying to find the easiest way to download pocket queries to it. I have updated the software on the GPS to the latest 2.50. I am running OS Sierra on my Mac. I am a premium member. I did find the third party software page on the geocaching website. Is there a reason to choose any one of the listed Mac softwares over any of the others? What do people like best and why?

Thanks for the help!

-Chip

I recently got a Garmin Etrex 30 and am trying to find the easiest way to download pocket queries to it. I have updated the software on the GPS to the latest 2.50. I am running OS Sierra on my Mac. I am a premium member. I did find the third party software page on the geocaching website. Is there a reason to choose any one of the listed Mac softwares over any of the others? What do people like best and why?

Thanks for the help!

-Chip

I have access to a PC so I use GSAK for managing geocache data, but I use a Mac far more often. Try iCaching (http://icaching.eu/) or Garmin Basecamp.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

You don't need any third party software. Just create the pocket query, download and unzip the 2 files created to the GPS. I've written a simple guide explaining how to do this. It's written for Windows but the process is the same for a Mac. In Windows you can unzip files with Windows Explorer and also copy the files to the GPS. I don't know Macs but there must be something similar. My guide is a PDF file you can download from my resource site here (bottom of the page).

Chris

Edited by The Blorenges