Profile Picture Keeps Disappearing

salts&marbles

Our Profile picture has not changed in three years and shows up on our Profile and all logs that we post. In the past month, it has randomly disappeared, replaced by a blue "?". I keep editing the Profile and putting the picture back. In the next few days after that, it disappears again.

We introduced a couple to geocaching last week. They put their picture and their first few logs out there. I have Messaged them a few times and their picture is there. This morning, I went to send them a message from the Message Center and their picture, like mine, has a blue "?" and not their picture.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to correct it?

Thank you

Our Profile picture has not changed in three years and shows up on our Profile and all logs that we post. In the past month, it has randomly disappeared, replaced by a blue "?". I keep editing the Profile and putting the picture back. In the next few days after that, it disappears again.

We introduced a couple to geocaching last week. They put their picture and their first few logs out there. I have Messaged them a few times and their picture is there. This morning, I went to send them a message from the Message Center and their picture, like mine, has a blue "?" and not their picture.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to correct it?

Thank you

Your avatar image is in view at this time (9:49AM EST). Have you compared other web browsers? My avatar and some random others become blank at times when viewed on my iPad. They reappear just fine later.

[EDIT]: I'm getting as many as 1 or 2 invisible avatars per thread this morning. It seems to be only in Chrome on iPad, or at least it clears up before I have time to test more systems and browsers. Even working OK, sometimes it's taking a little longer for avatars to refresh, so that may be a clue. The browser tries to load the images, but maybe the images don't arrive in the allotted time that the browser will load them. Something like that. But a refresh doesn't always bring up the image while it's doing its "invisibility" thing. Wild guess, a Groundspeak image server is about to fail.

Edited by kunarion