Automatic cache disabling

Aslanspawh

I saw this morning that a couple of the oldest in Rhode Island cashes that I've been Aiming for were automatically disabled by ground speak with a message saying the cacher is inactive... I don't remember seeing anything about this becoming policy and apologize if I missed it. Can anyone explain what's going on?

I would hate to see all these old caches go away because the official owner may not have logged in for a while as many of them are maintained by other community members because of the history. Have the adoption guidelines possibly changed as well so that if we see local caches being disabled because the current owner doesn't play anymore active cashers could adopt them ?

I don't think that's the reason they were disabled. Look at the cache owner--I recognize that name, I remember when it happened to that cache owner before (I've seen his webcam down before). All his caches are locked. I could be wrong, but I think it's about the CO's account being locked.

I saw this morning that a couple of the oldest in Rhode Island cashes that I've been Aiming for were automatically disabled by ground speak with a message saying the cacher is inactive... I don't remember seeing anything about this becoming policy and apologize if I missed it. Can anyone explain what's going on?

I would hate to see all these old caches go away because the official owner may not have logged in for a while as many of them are maintained by other community members because of the history.

It's not because this particular cache owner has not logged in in a while.

Might be some drama going on behind the scenes.

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=a583d37c-c5c3-4b50-9b6b-60140eb03e7e&wid=0de2808c-1f70-48de-826c-58e85f59126b&ds=2

Have the adoption guidelines possibly changed as well so that if we see local caches being disabled because the current owner doesn't play anymore active cashers could adopt them ?

Adoption policy is still the same...it's up to the cache owner to initiate the adoption procedure of active caches.

Whether a "locked" member can do that on their own or not...I dunno. Maybe they have to go through GS.

4.21. Adopt or transfer a geocache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=54

B.