[bug] layout tools don't work correct with writing a log

irisisleuk

When I write a log and use the italic button it produces a * instead of making the character italic. With bold I get three * on both sides of the character instead of a bold character. Didn't try the other layout options when writing a log, but there might be more issues.

ps: this is on the website, I'm not using an app.

Edited by irisisleuk

Can you link to a log where this has happened? It's working normally for me right now.

There are some "escape" elements - punctuation that eliminates the code below it from working.

The most likely suspect would be if you're indenting paragraphs. That produces a "codeblock" - within the codeblock, italic, bold etc will not work, you'll see the * instead.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Can you link to a log where this has happened? It's working normally for me right now.

There are some "escape" elements - punctuation that eliminates the code below it from working.

The most likely suspect would be if you're indenting paragraphs. That produces a "codeblock" - within the codeblock, italic, bold etc will not work, you'll see the * instead.

Also, the last site update introduced a blank line at the beginning of every log. The code in use for logs is sensitive to line spacing, possibly that's at fault, though I'm not quite sure how it would be....

It happened with the log I wrote this morning, see the last sentence: link

geen ca*t*chers 

if you want the t to be italicized, you must add a leading and following space. As typed, it would need to look like this:

geen ca *t* chers

With a leading and following space around the *t* you'd get

geen ca t chers

the "t" would be italicized, but spaced out a bit...

The supposed WYSIWYG editor should do this for you, once you've indicated "I" or "B" but it doesn't (obviously) - however if you look at the output below, you'd see that ca*t*cher is going to render exactly as typed.

Edited by Isonzo Karst