Revisit to Found Cache to Grab Travel Bug

DJHerbst

I am somewhat new to geocaching (114 finds). How do I log a second visit to a cache I have already found. Issue is with TB Hotels. I use Geosphere on my iPhone which makes grabbing and dropping TBs easy once you mark the cache as found. However, if I visit a TB Hotel cache again, I am not sure how to handle the logging in that case. Maybe use one of the other types of field notes????

I am somewhat new to geocaching (114 finds). How do I log a second visit to a cache I have already found. Issue is with TB Hotels. I use Geosphere on my iPhone which makes grabbing and dropping TBs easy once you mark the cache as found. However, if I visit a TB Hotel cache again, I am not sure how to handle the logging in that case. Maybe use one of the other types of field notes?

You would log it as a "write note" log.

Help Center → Finding a Geocache → Logging a Geocache

4.2. What log type should I use?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=534

B.

This is how it starts.

A simple inquiry slowly turns into a mild fascination which, over time, will fester into a full blown obsession.

Before you know it you'll be making "Travel Bug Runs".

Next, your bag will be filled with multi colored containers designed solely for Travel Bug storage and distribution, as well as cleaning rags, spare chains, and various sizes of zip lock bags.

Finally, a map which will contain several designated caches (typically in strategic locations) which you will use to pick up and drop off.... TRAVEL BUGS!!! You may even progress to the level of placing your own cache just for this purpose.

Although there is currently no cure for this condition don't worry, as of the present it has not been classified as life threatening. Hey look at me. I've had it for 6 years and I'm as normal as can be........

To answer you question read what Pup Patrol wrote. To feed your Travel Bug obsession, go Geocaching.

Good Luck

I am somewhat new to geocaching (114 finds). How do I log a second visit to a cache I have already found. Issue is with TB Hotels. I use Geosphere on my iPhone which makes grabbing and dropping TBs easy once you mark the cache as found. However, if I visit a TB Hotel cache again, I am not sure how to handle the logging in that case. Maybe use one of the other types of field notes?

You would log it as a "write note" log.

Help Center → Finding a Geocache → Logging a Geocache

4.2. What log type should I use?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=534

B.

IF the app doesn't allow you to log the TB with any other type of log, log a 'Found' log, do the TB part, then EDIT the 'Found' to a 'Write Note'log. :)

How do I log a second visit to a cache I have already found. Issue is with TB Hotels.
I often have issues with tb hotels too.

The few times I went back to a cache to retrieve a trackable (when hearing the "hotel" is a prison mostly), I didn't "log into" the cache at all.

When I have the trackable in my possession, I grab it (but have retrieved it too) for the trackable's log, and move on. :)