Feature request- Click on the user you are messaging to go to their account.

SlumberBear

As the title describes- when you are messaging someone, you can click their account name to actually go to their account. It's a small feature, but it would be extremely helpful. Right now I have to go to google and search their account or go through my finds to find one of their caches- it's just too mush for something that should be simple.

As the title describes- when you are messaging someone, you can click their account name to actually go to their account. It's a small feature, but it would be extremely helpful. Right now I have to go to google and search their account or go through my finds to find one of their caches- it's just too mush for something that should be simple.

What exactly are you trying to do?

You have to go to their profile in order to access the "send message" link. One way to do a search without starting Google is to use "Find Another Player" on the right-hand side of your Profile page. I often have to go find one of the person's logs, to be sure I get the name right.

If they've already written to you in the Message Center, it's simple. Click their icon within one of their messages, to visit their Profile.

It took me a long time to discover that clicking an icon in the message gets me to person's profile. I am trained to expect a link like that under a name, but not under icon. Plus, name would usually get an underscore to hint on link's existence, and you cannot do that with an images. It does not help that the same icon on the left (in the message pane) does not have a link.

Notice also that if you message a person for the first time by clicking "Message this owner" on cache page (the most common way to message, I guess), you do not get an icon anywhere.

It's a tricky UI design problem, and I a good solution does not easily comes to my mind. Yes, name = link sounds good. But, using the name in the To: line seems wrong because it is an input field. Duplicating it elsewhere? I cannot see it looking good too.