My first hide

xZeroCoolx

Hello, I am new to the world of geocaching and have very much been enjoying it. Now after we have found a bunch, we have started the process of hiding our first cache. I filled out the form and have placed it already. My questions are centered around the review process. 1 how long does it usually take for a review to look at your stuff? 2 is there any way to contact my reviewer ? 3 can i send my reviewer video and or pics of my cache to speed up the review time? And last i was wondering if you become a volunteer if it is possible to get a free premium membership? Thanks everyone for the help :)

While it may be reviewed in 5 minutes (my personal fastest review) it may take up to a week. Reviewers get busy, sick, go on vacation, etc. so don't worry if you don't hear anything in a few days. To contact your reviewer go to their profile. There's something to the effect of "Contact this user" to find your reviewer go to a local cache and to the very first log. It will say "published" and that's your reviewer. Or if not that person will put you in contact with the reviewer. For most caches nothing much is required, but if the reviewer questions your placement (on private property for example) a picture of the location could help, but I wouldn't unless you're asked to. All Reviewers will have a free premium membership for their reviewer account, (and their personal account.) Actually I think everyone working for Groundspeak gets a free premium membership.

To answer the question you didn't ask, how to become a reviewer? Find and hide tons of caches, all over. Show you know the guidelines by following them when hiding caches. Host and attend events. Then if a reviewer is needed, my understanding is that you'll be asked. Since experience is important, I probably wouldn't count on being asked, as there are a lot of people who have be chosen before you. Now if you stick with this, then you might be one of those people eventually,

Edited by T.D.M.22

Mine are nearly always published within 24 hours of me submitting, usually within 12 depending on the time of day, the shortest time being 3 hours. it may depend where you live. I am in a pretty rural spot so there aren't that many new ones come up very often. There is only once that I was contacted by the reviewer and that was when I changed the co-ords of one as they were slightly out according to the first few logs, but the new co-ords took it within the range of another so it got disabled and I had to move it. that whole process took a couple of days.

In a FaceBook page for geocaching in my area, someone put up something very much like the OP. Our local reviewer replied with "I have to get up off the couch", and then a few minutes later "There ya go." A few new cache notifications popped up in my email at the same time.