Urgent: any one who has a cache on sydneys northen beaches (narrabeen and surrounds)

h0z

Hey just a heads up to cache owners and maintainers. Last weekend we had the massive east coast low hit sydney pretty hard... narrabeen lake. And the entire coast line was flooded and eroded by a king tide and huge waves.. with all roads around the lake closed and people evacuated. Same for houses on the beach front in narrabeen and collaroy.. so for those of you with caches hidden in these areas. (I know there is quite a few around the lake.. and the water from the lake rose over 1meter...) maybe go (or get some one) to go check the cache is still in the right place and it isnt full of water.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. As going to find a cache and it not being there or being damaged is always a little sad!

Thank you.

I hope all the caches are safe!

Hey just a heads up to cache owners and maintainers. Last weekend we had the massive east coast low hit sydney pretty hard... narrabeen lake. And the entire coast line was flooded and eroded by a king tide and huge waves.. with all roads around the lake closed and people evacuated. Same for houses on the beach front in narrabeen and collaroy.. so for those of you with caches hidden in these areas. (I know there is quite a few around the lake.. and the water from the lake rose over 1meter...) maybe go (or get some one) to go check the cache is still in the right place and it isnt full of water.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. As going to find a cache and it not being there or being damaged is always a little sad!

Thank you.

I hope all the caches are safe!

Had to TD one of ours that was washed away.

Mods, please don't move this to the Oz forum as most of us come to this one so often we may have to get green cards. :laughing: