Membership renewal

How to renew premium membership without any card?

I always did it using PayPal but something has changed since the last year. Now, when I choose the PayPal payment method, the next screen is the "card screen" - system requests me to input the card number and other card details and I don't see any option to omit this stage.

After choosing the paypal payment under "choose your payment option", I've always just scolled down to hitting the "proceed to paypal" button.

That page no longer works without filling out the billing name/address, something that's not needed when using paypal.

The reason so many use paypal...

Anyway, if you don't mind (I do) , you can fill out the billing name & address, hit "proceed to paypal", and you're now on the paypal payment page. :)

Or, you could contact Groundspeak via the Help Center, explaining that the paypal billing option isn't working properly, wait until they get back to you, contact 'em again, to find you may need to fill out that name/address then anyway. :laughing:

After choosing the paypal payment under "choose your payment option", I've always just scolled down to hitting the "proceed to paypal" button.

That page no longer works without filling out the billing name/address, something that's not needed when using paypal.

The reason so many use paypal...

Anyway, if you don't mind (I do) , you can fill out the billing name & address, hit "proceed to paypal", and you're now on the paypal payment page. :)

Or, you could contact Groundspeak via the Help Center, explaining that the paypal billing option isn't working properly, wait until they get back to you, contact 'em again, to find you may need to fill out that name/address then anyway. :laughing:

I too think it's strange that i needed to fill out billing address information. Paypal is easy to use just about everywhere,,, except here.

I'm supposedly renewed but to be honest, i'm still not positive it'll all come out right. I got a welcome to premium membership form letter but no confirmation number or anything else. Contacted Groundspeak and they got back to me after about three days. Carly replied that i was good to go and that my renewal would take place on May 31. Sounds good but i still worry that something isn't right since nothing shows anywhere else. Nothing from Paypal and my renewal date hasn't changed.

How to renew premium membership without any card?

I always did it using PayPal but something has changed since the last year. Now, when I choose the PayPal payment method, the next screen is the "card screen" - system requests me to input the card number and other card details and I don't see any option to omit this stage.

Hi Mudfrog,

We hear about this happening sometimes. From our understanding, it appears that PayPal does not allow payment being directly pulled from your bank account without back up from a valid credit card. However, there is a way to pay with PayPal without adding a credit card.

Make sure you have the total amount of your purchase in your PayPal account balance. You'll need to move funds from your bank account into your PayPal account and use your PayPal balance as the method of payment.

If you live outside the United States, please make sure you have the right currency in your PayPal account. If you've moved $30 USD into your PayPal, it will not be accepted as it must be in your country's currency. To do so, log in to your PayPal account, click the "Add Money" link under "My Account" and follow the directions/prompts there.

Another reason that you might be asked to add a credit card to your account, is that you have chosen the "Bill me later" option for your PayPal account. Make sure to turn off this option.