Keeping TB?

Vulcan14

Hi,

I'm still a bit of a newbie with Geocaching and this is my first forum post! Last November a premium member picked up my TB in Holland and said they were moving it on soon. I have checked on this member and they are still geocaching but they haven't dropped or added miles to my TB.

This puzzled me so I tried to ask via email, if they still had my TB or had dropped it in a cache and forgotten to log it. I might add that they are an experienced premium member due to the high number of finds they've got. After sending quite a few emails (some I managed to do in Dutch), I'm still waiting for a reply.

As I'm only a basic member, am I blocked from contacting a premium member? Should I mark my TB 'missing' or is it too early yet? Any suggestions would be helpful. Many Thanks!

No, you're not prevented from contacting a Premium Member so your emails should have got through, unless the other cacher has some sort of filter blocking certain emails.

It does seem rather odd that they've kept your trackable this long without dropping it off, and without replying to your emails. They've been caching regularly and have been to several caches which seem large enough to take trackables.

It seems you've done all you can to try and nudge them to drop it off somewhere. I wonder whether they've accidentally lost it... but that's no reason not to let you know, such things happen the world of TB travel.

I wouldn't send any more emails, just try and forget about it for now, I think it's a bit too soon to mark it as missing. If there's still no action/no response after about 10 - 12 months you might mark it as missing and then consider releasing a replacement trackable on the same tracking number.

MrsB