What to do with a full log?

I have run across several caches with logs that are in unsignable states such as being full or soaked. I always carry spare logs so I can put them in caches that need new logs. What should I do with the old one? Take it and dispose of it or leave it in the cache. If I leave it should I notify the owner? Thanks for your input.

If the log is soaked, notify the owner via a Needs Maintenance log. They should be told that their container fails to keep out a lot of water.

If the log is in good shape but full, I'd say to leave it in the cache and notify the owner. It's highly unlikely in this day of "place it and forget it" cache ownership, but the CO may want to compare the signatures with the online logs.

If I find a full log that's dry and in otherwise good shape, I leave it where it is but add a second piece of paper with the date and my caching name on it.

For wet logs, I try to carry a few small baggies with me so I can add another sheet and know it'll stay dry, and I also make a note on my GPS so that I remember to notify the c/o that the log is wet and needs maintenance. I also carry a spacepen with me so I can sign even the soggiest of logbooks.