Letting premium lapse....

JAKSolantern

I recently had to let my premium lapse because of some financial difficulty but now I am hearing things like all my solved puzzles won't be restored when I renew and things like that. Is that true?? It is more than understandable not to have access when my premium is expired but shouldn't that all be restored as soon as I pay the bill? If not, that is just wrong. You should not penalize people just because they chose rent or a car payment over their membership for a couple of weeks. I hope I just got bad second hand information but I must say that if it is true it will SERIOUSLY make me reconsider ever being a premium member again.

I recently had to let my premium lapse because of some financial difficulty but now I am hearing things like all my solved puzzles won't be restored when I renew and things like that. Is that true?? It is more than understandable not to have access when my premium is expired but shouldn't that all be restored as soon as I pay the bill? If not, that is just wrong. You should not penalize people just because they chose rent or a car payment over their membership for a couple of weeks. I hope I just got bad second hand information but I must say that if it is true it will SERIOUSLY make me reconsider ever being a premium member again.

When I reinstated my PM status, all my bookmarks, favourite points, pq's, caches along a route, etc were exactly as I had left them. They were once again accessible to me once the PM status was reinstated.

B.

A few years ago my PM lapsed and when I reinstated it after about a month everything was still there as if I'd never been away. All the PQs and notifications I'd created were still there.

But I don't understand what you mean by "all my solved puzzles won't be restored", what part of having solved a puzzle is dependent on being a PM?

A few years ago my PM lapsed and when I reinstated it after about a month everything was still there as if I'd never been away. All the PQs and notifications I'd created were still there.

But I don't understand what you mean by "all my solved puzzles won't be restored", what part of having solved a puzzle is dependent on being a PM?

The fact that you change your coordinates on the cache page when you have the correct ones. My friend tried to impress on me that they would not make the transition and all caches would default to their original coords.

The fact that you change your coordinates on the cache page when you have the correct ones. My friend tried to impress on me that they would not make the transition and all caches would default to their original coords.

That's not a PM only feature, it's available to anyone so you can still do that as a basic member. I can't imagine changing from PM to basic would have removed your corrected co-ords so if they have all gone then I would think it's because of something else and they're unlikely to come back.

Have you checked? You've found some mystery caches...did you input corrected coordinates for them?

Do you know which caches you've input corrected coordinates on the cache page? Have you checked them to see if your corrected coordinates are still there? The coords will be in italics if you've done that.

On the "?" caches that I have found, the coordinates still show in italics, showing that I've input corrected coordinates.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol