html code

Run Around

You can also save your word doc as a webpage, but I think you end up with a lot of embedded microsoft word code.

Sweet fancy Moses, don't do that! The Microsoft products are notorious for adding huge amount of extraneous code.

As a test, I just tried making a new Word document with only the text "This is a test", and the resulting .htm file was 38 kB! To be clear, that's 39013 bytes to represent only 14 bytes of text. :blink:

You can also save your word doc as a webpage, but I think you end up with a lot of embedded microsoft word code.

Sweet fancy Moses, don't do that! The Microsoft products are notorious for adding huge amount of extraneous code.

As a test, I just tried making a new Word document with only the text "This is a test", and the resulting .htm file was 38 kB! To be clear, that's 39013 bytes to represent only 14 bytes of text. :blink:

That matches my experience as well. I developed an application that provides faculty profile information (an overview, research areas, lists of publications, etc) that is consumed by departmental websites and many of the profiles contain a lot of cut-n-pasted Microsoft word html. When I implemented a html filter which removes all the unnecessary Microsoft html I saw a significant performance improvement.

I"d suggest that rather than cut-n-paste Microsoft word, to use one of the many WYSIWYG Html editors (there some browser plugins that will do this as well) available. That way you can still get the formatting you want but may also learn a bit of HTML when you look at the output it generates.