Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
MineRP

We will remove support for HTML

2 posts in this topic

Now I'm not very computer savvy, but over the last number of years I have been using HTML coding to do up my cache pages and in logging Finds, we will not speak of DNF's. I agree it is a cumbersome and fidgety coding language at best, one never knows quite what and how it will turn out sometimes, and not a lot of cachers use it, but what am I to do now. I've used font size, colour, type, centering as well as inserting pictures and links as well. A new and better coding will be great, but what will become of all my previous caches and logs write-ups. Will the former cache pages/write-up end up a mess, and unintelligible ?

It does take extra work to make a nice cache write-up, and I appreciate that is my choice and not for everyone, some feel it is not worth it, so be it, and I do not mind changing, but I still wonder why this is happening, Is it a money saving or data saving issue. Think the HTML coding could be grandfathered as not to mess up cache page that were previously done in good faith.

See : https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC694P8_puzzled-on-the-east-bay-hills-trail?guid=ca64cb47-14f5-4d5a-a8b0-93f2d8797bf5 for a recent puzzle write up, wondering what it will look like after HTML is no longer supported.

Perhaps one of the cache volunteers will help answer my question.

The switch away from HTML and UBB support, in favor of Markdown, applies only to Logs, not to Cache Descriptions. And I don't think the answer is any different in Canada.