Message Center questions

Hynr

Is the "Message Center" still in beta?

If so, why is the survey closed?

If not why has the relevant documentation (FAQ) not been updated?

If it is still in beta testing, what is the method for getting feedback to the development team? I am not seeing that described in the FAQ; instead it leads to a survey that is closed.

"Hide" (at the Message Center) appears to be a euphemism for either "archive" or "delete". I cannot tell which.

If it means "archive", then how do I view the messages that have been "hidden"?

If it means "delete" then why does it not simply say "delete" instead of "hide"?

I have the sense that all messages are being retained forever on a server.

Is that true?

Is there a way to prevent that for message that I receive or send?

Who has the ability to view messages that are archived?

Where does one find information about retention of messages and privacy issues regarding the Message Center? Am I right or wrong to have an expectation of privacy about things sent through the message center?

Edited by Hynr
"Hide" (at the Message Center) appears to be a euphemism for either "archive" or "delete". I cannot tell which.

If it means "archive", then how do I view the messages that have been "hidden"?

If it means "delete" then why does it not simply say "delete" instead of "hide"?

From the FAQ (highlighting mine)

I want to delete a message. How do I do that?

We do not currently allow players to permanently delete a message. You can, however, "Hide Conversation" which will cause the message thread to disappear until the next time you start a conversation with that player.

So if you send or receive a new message to/from that player, the entire thread will be unhidden.

Edit to add your other questions about privacy are good ones. I would love to see an answer to those too.

Edited by Lil Devil