Entering Solved Coordinates through Web Interface

bdp

I've managed to solve a number of Mystery caches, have the coordinates sorted out and checked so what is the best way to enter and track these new coordinates through the web interface? Through the free App, I know I can enter in the solved coordinates and then when I end up in an area I can see the cache as solved on my map -- but I've yet to figure out how to do this through the web.

?

All help / hints truly appreciated.

I've managed to solve a number of Mystery caches, have the coordinates sorted out and checked so what is the best way to enter and track these new coordinates through the web interface? Through the free App, I know I can enter in the solved coordinates and then when I end up in an area I can see the cache as solved on my map -- but I've yet to figure out how to do this through the web.

?

On the cache page of a "?" cache, there is a pencil icon beside the coordinates. Click that, and you can enter "corrected coordinates".

B.

?

On the cache page of a "?" cache, there is a pencil icon beside the coordinates. Click that, and you can enter "corrected coordinates".

B.

Thanks! Works like a charm.

You might find it handy to create a bookmark list for all the caches where you have "corrected coordinates".

Then you can run a pq of that bookmark list.

B.

Thanks -- I'm doing that and I can run the PQ -- but what I'd really like is a map that shows me *all* my solved coordinates rather than the original ones.

How do I do that easily in any of the apps?

[...] I'm doing that and I can run the PQ -- but what I'd really like is a map that shows me *all* my solved coordinates rather than the original ones.

How do I do that easily in any of the apps?

Just run the PQ's preview by clicking the map icon in front of the PQ in your PQ list page.

Hans

When I solve a puzzle, I always update the coordinates on the cache page and when I download that puzzle to my GPS the corrected coordinates are the one's which I am able to navigate to.. however, if I call up the puzzle on my Android smartphone, the corrected coordinates are only shown as an "additional waypoint" - is there a way to navigate this waypoint without having to enter the coordinates again manually?

When I ask this question on other forums (mainly Facebook groups) I am just told to use one of the other geocaching apps - Cgeo / Columbus etc.. but I have the offical PAID for geocaching app, so why can't I do it on there? :unsure: