What is a letter box cache?

acachebox

All Letterbox Hybrid (LBH) caches will include a stamp that remains in the container and that is used by letterboxers to record their visit. (Letterboxers apply the letterbox's stamp to their personal log book, and apply their personal stamp to the letterbox's logbook.)

The LBH caches I've done have used letterbox-style clues as part of the hunt. I had to go to a specific location (not just a general location like a parking lot or a park entrance), and then follow clues that described the path to where the container could be found. But I've also found other caches that used letterbox-style clues but were not LBH caches.

And I've seen listings for LBH caches where there are no letterbox-style clues. You just go to the posted coordinates and search for the container, which happens to have a stamp in it. But I've also found other caches that included stamps but were not LBH caches.

All Letterbox Hybrid (LBH) caches will include a stamp that remains in the container and that is used by letterboxers to record their visit. (Letterboxers apply the letterbox's stamp to their personal log book, and apply their personal stamp to the letterbox's logbook.)

The LBH caches I've done have used letterbox-style clues as part of the hunt. I had to go to a specific location (not just a general location like a parking lot or a park entrance), and then follow clues that described the path to where the container could be found. But I've also found other caches that used letterbox-style clues but were not LBH caches.

And I've seen listings for LBH caches where there are no letterbox-style clues. You just go to the posted coordinates and search for the container, which happens to have a stamp in it. But I've also found other caches that included stamps but were not LBH caches.

Got it Thanks. Now to find one.