Found TB not listed in inventory

starlingdds

I found a cache with a travel bug, but the cache says that there is no inventory. I've got the bug and the number. How can I look it up to officially get it back in the game?

You need to log a "grab" log to get it into your inventory.

Go to the tb's page and make sure that you aren't prematurely grabbing it from someone who hasn't had a chance to log it yet.

I assume that you did not find this tb in "El Momo", as there is no cache container, and hasn't been one in quite some time. Is there some reason why this cache hasn't been hit with at least "NM" logs, if not "NA" logs? Do people think that "virtual" caching is still allowed?

Apparently it's this tb:

https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB32TZZ

Bizarre.

Use the "grab" log, if you actually found the physical travel bug. Once it's in your inventory, log a "visited" log for it to the cache where you found it.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Well, you can't log it as "visited" if it's not in inventory. It may have accidently been marked as "Discovered."

If the OP grabs it, that will put it in his inventory. Then he should be able to dip it ("visit") into the cache where he found it. That will reset the mileage.

The tb I think is the one in question seems to have had a checkered past. Missing, re-started, etc. It seems odd to me, but it looks like it was placed into the cache without being properly logged.

Personally, if it was me, I would just drop it into the next suitably sized cache and not bother logging it. It looks like a mess, and I would just want to be shed of it.

B.

I found a cache with a travel bug, but the cache says that there is no inventory. I've got the bug and the number. How can I look it up to officially get it back in the game?

Ok. I think I know your question now.

On the website:

Click on Play > Find Trackables and enter the tracking number on the bug. That will take you to the trackable's page where you can then log your find. The bug was likely dropped into the cache, but the previous person who had it forgot to include the drop in the log. Or it was moved as swag and never logged as retrieved from its previous location. Either way, it's current location is not accurate nad up to date which is why it doesn't appear in the cache's inventory.

Log it as "Grabbed from somewhere else" to move it into your inventory, if you haven't done so already, and when you visit another cache, your inventory will appear with options to "drop", "visit", or "do nothing." You can take the bug to visit caches if you wish, or just wait to "drop" it when you place it in another cache.

IF you're using the free intro app, you can log a trackable, but I don't think you can drop a trackable yet. I think the latest release fixed some bugs concerning logging trackables, but logging through the website is a safe bet if you can't figure out how to do it with the app.

Ok. I think I know your question now.

On the website:

Click on Play > Find Trackables and enter the tracking number on the bug. That will take you to the trackable's page where you can then log your find. The bug was likely dropped into the cache, but the previous person who had it forgot to include the drop in the log. Or it was moved as swag and never logged as retrieved from its previous location. Either way, it's current location is not accurate nad up to date which is why it doesn't appear in the cache's inventory.

Log it as "Grabbed from somewhere else" to move it into your inventory, if you haven't done so already, and when you visit another cache, your inventory will appear with options to "drop", "visit", or "do nothing." You can take the bug to visit caches if you wish, or just wait to "drop" it when you place it in another cache.

B)

B.

Well, you can't log it as "visited" if it's not in inventory. It may have accidently been marked as "Discovered."

If the OP grabs it, that will put it in his inventory. Then he should be able to dip it ("visit") into the cache where he found it. That will reset the mileage.

The tb I think is the one in question seems to have had a checkered past. Missing, re-started, etc. It seems odd to me, but it looks like it was placed into the cache without being properly logged.

Personally, if it was me, I would just drop it into the next suitably sized cache and not bother logging it. It looks like a mess, and I would just want to be shed of it.

B.

The problem is when I "grab it", there is a "tracking code" field that I cant fill in. That's different from the TB number. The TB number is TB32TZZ but the site wants a a CODE to enter which should be found ON the travelbug but it's a tiny rubber sailboat with no code on it.

Thoughts?

The problem is when I "grab it", there is a "tracking code" field that I cant fill in. That's different from the TB number. The TB number is TB32TZZ but the site wants a a CODE to enter which should be found ON the travelbug but it's a tiny rubber sailboat with no code on it.

Thoughts?

A travel bug is supposed to include the dog tag with the tracking number on it.

Did you find just the sailboat, with no dog tag attached? How did you get the public reference number?

You should try contacting the tb owner.

B.

I see on-line that you successfully grabbed it today, so I gather you found the code. Sounds like a great story about a TB coming back from the dead. I suggest you now have it visit the cache you found it in. You can do that when you log the find of the cache, if you haven't done that yet, or you can edit your existing found log or file a new note. In any case, the date should reflect when you found the TB in the cache, and that goes for the recover log you've already posted which has today's date even though that isn't the date you grabbed the TB. (Not a big deal, I just thought I'd mention it.)