Wherigo problem on iPhone

geo.jens

Hi,

I have a problem with a cartridge that I have created recently (http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=57f5cf8c-c6f2-4e74-8e6c-1bf6fbfc0266), "Day Mission FSV".

The cartridge takes the player on a spy mission on a near by abandonned air field. The task is to search for secret radio signals using a receiver.

I've modelled the receiver as a Wherigo Item (Receiver). I use the Receiver.Descriptor field to show the current signal strength and radio data received. The signals are directed, so people have to walk across the airfield to catch the signals. In order to make it real live, the Receiver.Descriptor field is updated using a timer every second.

During the search, the player may need to (re)tune the receiver and may enter a help zone, all of which requires user interaction. Consequently, I've let the timer update only the Receiver.Descriptor field, not do a Show Object Details action on the Receiver object. If I do this, then the player cannot get at the other functions, as they will be interupted every 1 second.

On both Garmin GPS units, the Urwigo emulator, and the Android WhereYouGo player this works perfectly. If the Receiver item is selected from the inventory, it is displayed, and it updates automatically every 1 second as a result of the setting of Receiver.Descriptor.

However, on I learned today, that on iPhone/iPad, the screen is not updated when Receiver.Descriptor is updated. If I add the Show Object Details command as well, I cannot get at the other functions AND the screen is redrawn fully (on Garmin and Android, you only notice the updates to the radio signals contained in the Desciptor field).

Any hints as to how to fix this? Is this to be considered an error in the iPhone Wherigo player, or??

Regards,

Jens/geo.jens