Event in Lagos, Nigeria

I'm shortly going to begin a series of business trips to Lagos, Nigeria and I'm sure I can't be the only cacher doing the same thing.

I'm therefore planning on holding a midweek event there in November or December 'on the island' in one of the hotels. Please do message me or reply and I'll try and pick a date that might suit others.

Thanks

Rich

With just 8 caches in the whole country... it's a long shot expecting for some local geocachers to show up..

At least it's a good thing you can Attend your own Event.

It reminds me when I moved to the Amazon, four years ago. :)

Maybe you will have a broader audience after placing the Event in the homepage... adjusting any venues, dates and hours later, according to feedback.

Happy travel!

Edited by RuideAlmeida

With just 8 caches in the whole country... it's a long shot expecting for some local geocachers to show up..

At least it's a good thing you can Attend your own Event.

A couple of years ago a local geocacher in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia had an event published for WWFM day. I was in flight between Istanbul and Addis when the event occurred and didn't arrive until almost midnight the same day. I believe that the CO was the only one that logged an attended on the event. At the time I think there were only 2-3 active caches in the city. That CO has hosted 3 events in Ethiopia since then and he's always been the only attendee. I've been there three times for business and it really wouldn't surprise me if I went there again and next time I'm going to try and get in touch with that CO before I leave and either host an Event myself or just meet informally.