UV Light required multi

Fisher513

So Im going to hide a micro where the cache will go to the first container use the UV light to get the coordinates (that I wrote down with invisible ink) and then go to the final. The think is the ammo can I ordered on amazon has a hole for a lock and I want to somehow put a lock (a letter combination lock) in the hole and have the cacher solve a field puzzle to get it. If anyone can give me an idea of how I can order this or put it together I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Fisher

For the first stage with fluorescent writing, I would be careful to make it clear that this is NOT the final cache container, even if the coordinates cannot be read without a UV light. If people find a container with a "blank" slip of paper, then someone will add a "replacement" log sheet, and then everyone will start signing that instead of continuing on to the final location.

Normally, I'm a fan of using non-containers for waypoints like this. No one adds a "replacement" log sheet when they find a copper garden tag with coordinates on it. But fluorescent inks/paints need to be protected from the sun's UV light, so a container may be needed.

I've seen a few ways to handle combination locks on caches. Sometimes the combination is stated clearly in the description. Sometimes the combination is the solution to a puzzle, and this is stated clearly in the description. Sometimes the combination is the solution to an obvious puzzle, but seekers have to figure out what to do with that solution on their own. Sometimes the puzzle itself isn't obvious; seekers need to figure out that they need a combination, and they need to identify and solve the puzzle to get that combination.

Hi,

First of all, I think you should consider thinking about it first. Your ideas do matter!

If you want some help, here's what I recommend: Place the ammo can and, with the invisible ink, write the code somewhere on the ammo can (if the ink is "permanent" and won't get out). Then, on the cache listing, you're gonna have to add the attribute "UV Light required" and say something on the hint like "If you can't solve it, maybe you need to enlighten yourself" or find something creative like this.

If your paint can't be applied to the ammo can itself, maybe you need to write on a paper and then have some kind of plastic band covering it.

If there's anything else you'd like to know or if you need more help let me know.

Hi,

First of all, I think you should consider thinking about it first. Your ideas do matter!

If you want some help, here's what I recommend: Place the ammo can and, with the invisible ink, write the code somewhere on the ammo can (if the ink is "permanent" and won't get out). Then, on the cache listing, you're gonna have to add the attribute "UV Light required" and say something on the hint like "If you can't solve it, maybe you need to enlighten yourself" or find something creative like this.

If your paint can't be applied to the ammo can itself, maybe you need to write on a paper and then have some kind of plastic band covering it.

If there's anything else you'd like to know or if you need more help let me know.

Thanks for the idea! I love the idea I didnt think of that thanks so much.

Just do not use that pen sold here. It will wash out with weather or fade with

Too much sunlight. I made a multy with UV at stage one. On paper in a medicine bottle wrapped in camo duck tape to keep out the sun. I ran experiment and wrote coords on a metal pole to see what would happen. It did not take long to go away. The pen is OK for note in the bottle or jar.

Edited by Mn-treker

I've also seen a multi that required a UV light where the first stage had the coordinates written in invisible ink on a magnet strip and then attached to the bottom of a bench. Ink was fading a bit but overall still readable. This might help to eliminate confusion by writing the coordinates on a piece of paper and putting it in a container so that it looks like a regular log.

Edited by CACory

Another that I did was to write In UV pen

On some clear two inch wide packing tape.

The coords were written in the Klingon language.

Word format, but over time the ink became visible somewhat.

So I switched over to paper with UV pen then tape on top of that.

That holds up well, but still it is in a small prescription bottle.

Edited by Mn-treker